What is an Educated Man?

If you accidentally opened this by any chance and expecting to read something story / poem like, then you might as well head back. This is just the exam I had earlier.

Yes, I still have minor subjects..

If you're still reading this, then thanks. Well, this is my idea of an Educated Man...

What is an Educated Man?


Is it the way he looks? The way he stands? Or perhaps the way he speaks?
As I see it, society's idea of an Educated Man is someone who has finished their studies. Someone who owns/runs a well known company or perhaps someone who has an established status in life.

Well, why would anyone think of any different? The term "Educated Man" has educate as its keyword.

For me? An Educated Man could never be defined by those things. Who cares if you have that college degree? Who cares if you're rich? An Educated Man for me could be someone who lives under the bridge!

I know that some if not all of you have witnessed known people (not only in television but even someone who has that position in an organization you belong to) looked down on people who they thought was "out of their league". It's very common especially in establishments. So do you see them as an Educated Man?

In my own opinion, I think an Educated Man should have this 2 R.

The 2 R of an Educated Man

1. Respect - I'm not talking about the respect given to him/her but the respect he/she gives to others. A person who knows how to respect people no matter what status they have in life is definitely an Educated Man and the respect given to him is just a bonus by portraying that attitude.

"Respect is earned and is not given just because of the status you have in life"

2. Responsibility - They are the ones who acts responsibly in every task assigned or decisions they come up with. Have you ever seen an Educated Man who doesn't have any idea how to value their time, environment or their subordinates?

I know our ideas and beliefs might differ but for me, this is how I view an Educated Man.

So for the conclusion, I'd say that an Educated Man can only be defined by the values they portray.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...